If you want to succeed online then you need to have a highly successful SEO campaign. SEO is what makes your website rank highly on search engine sites like Google, Bing, etc.. Most websites can get 70-80% of their traffic from search engines. And while some people can do a lot of the SEO elements without any assistance, most people need help. And that is where the best Shopify SEO apps can come in.
However, getting the most from your website can often mean getting some support. A rank of one of a Google search query can lead to 25% of all search traffic. Being 10th on the rankings can lead to just 1% of the search traffic. And it is important to realize that more than 90% of all content gets no search traffic.
What can the Best Shopify SEO Apps do?
Generally speaking, the best Shopify SEO apps do one thing: get you ranking higher on Google and other search engines. How they do this however, varies. Some will do it by allowing you to optimize images for file size and meta data while others concentrate on giving you the best information for meta data on pages.
You will have some Shopify SEO apps that will provide you with better speed, navigation or linking between pages internally and externally. You might also get some SEO apps that allow you to do the work, but will advise you what you need to do next.
The problem with SEO is that Google uses more than 200 factors when they calculate your rank. And they don’t tell you what all those factors are. Therefore, you have to rely sometimes on SEO experts, whether they’re consultants or software developers, to provide the best advice they can.
So, what are the top SEO apps for Shopify? Here is a quick list of all the best Shopify SEO apps.
* read the rest of the post and open up an offer
Vitals is a multifunctional app that can perform more than 40 different tasks on your website. It allows you to grow your website and improve results with simple, quick functions that otherwise would need dozens of other apps or more. Therefore, Vitals is one of the top apps you should have because it can help save you money from other subscriptions.
Vitals has several different options for helping you to improve the search rank of your website. For one, it can add alt-tags to images, that help them appear in search results. There are also performance issues and trust factors that Vitals can add to make your website more legitimate, and in the eyes of Google, more trustworthy.
There are also features that improve conversions. You can have a spin the wheel game added to your website. Customers can claim a prize if they win. There is also currency conversion, related products, countdown timers and stock counts. Everything you need to sell more on Shopify.
- Improve your site’s SEO rating to rank higher and attract more traffic to your store.
- Use urgency tactics to improve conversions and generate more revenue.
- Build a mailing list to increase the long term sales potential of your website.
- Add cross selling tactics for increasing the average order value from your customers.
Sales Rocket is a similar app to that of Vitals. It has over 40 functions with more being added all the time. There are also some great SEO features such as speed performance of your website. The app also contains some of the other features that are included with Vitals, which is why these two apps are so closely matched.
The app includes an exit intent popup that allows you to collect visitor email details, this can be useful later on with newsletters. There’s also a related items bought feature, that displays products that have been bought with items in the cart or that the customer is looking for.
There is also a free shipping progress bar, this can help customers see how much more they need to spend before they can claim free shipping. Finally, there is gamification. This is done through a wheel of fortune game that allows customers to spin to win a coupon, discount or free gift. You get to choose the gift and the chances of winning. To play, customers have to enter in an email address.
SALES ROCKET Highlights:
- There are more than 40 functions to improve sales, conversions and profits on your site.
- Increase conversions with urgency features that encourage quicker purchases.
- A wheel of fortune game that can help to gamify your site and increase mailing lists.
- SEO features to help you rank higher on Google and other search engines.
Plug In SEO
This app allows owners to spend less time on their site’s SEO. It’s great therefore for those that already have good knowledge of SEO but just want to have some pointers on what is needed. The app allows you to run an SEO scan of your website and this will provide you with a current list of SEO fixes to implement. You can also have new SEO opportunities via email.
There are two levels of this SEO app. The first is a free version and the next is a pro version. The premium version includes more support for subscribers, can implement improvements automatically and can add structured data for better rankings.
The app can also optimize your blog, fix 404 errors and more. Therefore, you can get complete coverage of your website, for limited work.
Plug In SEO Highlights:
- Two plans, free and premium.
- Provides you with the simple instructions on what you need to fix.
- Can automatically fix SEO errors across your website with the premium plan.
- Has keyword tools to help you identify ranking opportunities.
This SEO app is one of the most functional Shopify SEO apps that you can get. There are more than 20 features, 15 which the developers claim are unique to the app. The features of the app include a redirect for any products that are out of stock, mobile friendly testing and automatic 404 fixes. The app can also be integrated with Google Trends for finding opportunities for improvement.
You can also benefit from JSON-LD structured data which is becoming a very important aspect of SEO now. The app provides you with a step-by-step set of instructions on how you can improve your site’s SEO results. There is also an excellent support service to help subscribers.
SEO Manager Highlights:
- Has numerous advanced features with step-by-step instructions that can help you rank higher on search engines.
- More than 20 features included on the app, including mobile friendly testing.
- Can automatically fix 404 errors that can harm your website’s ranking.
- Comes with a seven day trial.
SEO Doctor helps website owners get the basic SEO elements sorted, things which are so easy, but are normally overlooked. For instance, it can help you with image compression, that is often completely ignored, but small image sizes allows for a faster website and a better ranking on Google.
The app can also help with meta titles and meta descriptions that can help Google identify what your website is about. This can also help with ranking.
The app also comes with a speed booster to help your site become faster, which can really increase ranking and conversions.
SEO Doctor Highlights:
- Puts your SEO on autopilot, allowing you to focus on other elements of your business.
- Can integrate with Google Page Speed, Mobile testing and others.
- If you need help, there is the option to speak to an SEO Guru.
- Compress image size for better speed and performance.
Ultra SEO is a fantastic Shopify SEO app that will help you optimize your Shopify store for search engines. It helps with many aspects of your website’s SEO elements, including what keywords you should be targeting to improve rankings.
The app is also perfect for competitor rankings, allowing you to see what others are ranking for and you can improve your site using their success. This app can also help you to optimize the important elements to your website’s SEO. For instance, you can improve your site’s meta tags for better search results and you can do this fast.
The app allows for those with no technical skills required for an improved search footprint.
Ultra SEO Highlights:
- A fairly low cost Shopify SEO app, that has great reviews.
- Improve ranking through tried and tested elements on your website.
- Needs no coding knowledge to integrate and use.
- Can monitor the success of competitors.
Smart SEO allows you to reduce the time that you spend on your website’s SEO while also improving your site’s ranking on Google. The app can automatically help you add meta tags and alt tags to pages across your site.
The app also helps you to generate structured data that Google and other search engines can use to rank you higher. However, there are limited functions compared to other Shopify SEO apps on this list.
Smart SEO Highlights
- One of the cheapest options for SEO apps.
- A lot of automation allows you to save time completing vital SEO work.
- Can structure data for better search engine ranking.
- Does have limited SEO functionality, so better for those who optimize images and do more complex SEO work themselves.
This app claims to be an all-in-one SEO app that can help you to generate the best content and rank highly on Google and other search engines. It helps with meta titles and descriptions. You can also track keyword usage and analyze the backlinks that are coming into your store, allowing you to see what is going on with your website.
The app also has a monitoring feature that identifies the issues with your SEO. This will then notify you, so you can implement fixes in no time at all. There’s also a great competitor analysis tool that allows you to assess your website’s performance against the top ten search results. Great for finding out how you can improve your site and where to focus efforts.
- Monitor the performance of your top competitors and know what they’re doing.
- Lots of functionality for monitoring SEO performance to allow you to perform better.
- Get notified of any issues that may be on your website.
- Get analysis of backlinks onto your website.
SEO Image Optimizer
Images are one of the biggest parts to the SEO on a website. However, it isn’t just the keywords, meta titles, descriptions, etc. which need optimization for SEO. For many website owners they need to look at the size of the image hosted on the website to maximize the SEO benefits of images.
Many website images aren’t optimized for mobile devices, speed or have the right meta tags associated with them. And this is where this app comes in handy. If you’re stuck on how to improve your website’s images for better ranking, then use this app as it can compress the images into a better size for faster loading and an improved user experience.
The app can also check and change the alt-tags for your images to help with search ranking. And if you want more help, you can view your site’s entire SEO score with ease.
SEO Image Optimizer Highlights:
- There are no coding skill requirements to install and use this app.
- One click install helps you to improve your site’s SEO score with ease.
- Optimize images for speed and keywords with just a few clicks of the mouse.
- Get an SEO score for your whole website to help you rank better.
SEO Expert Pro
This app comes with a free site scanner that can help you identify issues on your website that you can fix to help you rank high on Google and other search engines. There is also a range of bulk tools, like an image optimization tool, that can help you make changes to your website for quick improvements that will make lasting changes on your site.
SEO Expert Pro is easy to install. There is a free version of the app and there is also a premium version of the app.
SEO Expert Pro Highlights:
- Integrate your store with numerous other third party software including Google Webmaster tools.
- Optimize your site’s images with a bulk updater.
- Scan your website for potential SEO problems.
- Free and premium plans available.
This app has more than 5,000 other Shopify store owners using it to benefit from the excellent options to rank higher on Google. The app helps you find and fix SEO errors to ensure that rankings are better and more traffic to delivered to the website.
The one click scan includes analysis of several different elements of your website including titles, headings, descriptions, URLs, alt text, follow/no-follow links, sitemaps and more. Every scan provides reliable and accurate results.
There is no limit to the number of scans you can perform and if you need a little extra, that is available from their dedicated SEO experts.
SEO Ranger Highlights:
- Run unlimited SEO performance scans on your website.
- Apply fixes to common SEO problems with ease.
- Keep your SEO up-to-date for the best performance.
- Can get access to additional support.
This app allows you to rank your website on Google and other search engines to help you get more traffic to your website. This app allows you to fix several issues that Google and other search engines look at to rank your website for search queries. For instance, with this app, you will get the chance to edit your default title and meta description.
You will also be able to make changes to every meta tag that is on your shop. This will include keywords, author tags and more.
The app is completely a one-click install app. Therefore, no coding knowledge is required.
Ultra SEO Highlights:
- Improved performance on Google and other search engines.
- Change many meta titles and descriptions.
- One-click install.
- No need to know any coding for the app to work.
SEOMetriks Marketing Tools - Inactive
This app has a lot of functionality that makes it an important contender on the list of Shopify SEO apps. This app will give you information that can help you improve your on-page SEO, for a better ranking. It can also give you a report on backlinks into your website and tell you which links are currently toxic.
There is also access to a tool that can help you track the rankings for keywords you want to rank for and your competitors rank for as well. This app also takes you away from SEO and helps you track performance on social media. Social networks are an important part of marketing, but they can also help you rank. With the app you can see how you’re performing to help your ranking.
SEOMetriks Marketing Tools Highlights:
- Includes social media monitoring to ensure you’re not missing any opportunities on any network.
- See what your competitors are doing with a tracker to see their performance.
- Check all backlinks are good for you by monitoring their performance.
- Technical knowledge is needed for the app to work at full effectiveness.
Final Word: The 10 Best Shopify SEO Apps
SEO is one of the most important aspects of any business’ marketing output. More than half of your traffic will come from Google and therefore the profit from Google and other search engines is huge.
However, you most likely will need help with your SEO and these are the best Shopify SEO apps that you can use on your site to improve search engine ranking. Do you need help knowing what another Shopify store is using as an SEO app? Then use our Shopify App detector to find out.